Rainy days aren't fun for anyone, especially your little ones. Watching movies and playing board games only keep children entertained for short amount of time. Lucky for you, we have found some fun and easy ideas to keep you sane and your kiddos happy.
7 (FUN) Indoor Activities
- Scavenger Hunt- Make a list of items for your kids to find while you enjoy your fourth cup of coffee of the morning (Oops). Create your own list or use this list below!
2. Balloon Ball Games- Blow up balloons and you have an endless amount of games that your kids can use the balloons to play.
3. Painting- Pick up some canvases or stepping stones at the store and your kids now have things to paint and show their creativity. Not to mention the (almost free) artwork for their rooms!
4. Perler Bead Bowls- Have you heard of the bowls that your kids can make and keep their knick-knacks in? These bowls are so easy and fun to make. Kids of all ages can make them on their own (or with your help).
All you need are oven-safe bowls, perler beads, and cooking spray. You can get the beads at any craft store.
- Take the oven safe bowls that you are going to use and spray the insides with the cooking spray.
- Pour a small amount of beads in the bowl to start out with and press the beads down as they will climb up the sides of the bowl. Keep adding more until the sides of the bowl are covered to your satisfaction.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until the beads are melted together.
- After the perler bowls are cooled then they should just pop right out of the oven-safe bowl.
5. Flag Tape Obstacle Course- Buy flag tape (or really any kind of wide tape) and tape to the walls of your hallway for a simple and removable obstacle course to keep your kids busy for hours. BUT BE WARNED- they may want to keep it up forever!!!
6. Bake- One of my favorite things to do is to bake some sweet treats for the kids to enjoy while they are watching a movie. Involve the little ones by having them mix the ingredients together or decorating their masterpiece. This shows them life skills and gives you something to enjoy with your fifth cup of coffee.
7. Make slime- Making a squishy and colorful gob of goo is the latest craze with kids. To make slime just follow the easy steps below!
- Find a bowl, cup, or plate to mix your slime in.
- Pour out the entire contents of a 4oz of school glue into the bowl.
- Add ½ TBSP of baking soda and mix.
- After mixing, add your choice of food coloring.
- Mix and/or add more food coloring until you get the color you want.
- Add 1 TBSP of Contact solution.
Boom! You've now got slime that your kids can play with and taunt you with!
Here are some of the best ways to keep children entertained when the weather is too yucky to go outside. Hope you enjoy these! Also, check out the links attached to the photos to see some amazing blogs!