Integrating the arts into you and your family’s everyday life can be difficult. We have found some simple ways to bring the arts into your life. Creativity is everything and it is so easy to forget to use it! Below are five simple ways to bring creativity into your life without spending a lot of money.
- Read poetry- Poetry is a great way for you to relieve stress and to help your kids explore their creativity. Dissecting the poems to reveal the true meaning is fun and makes your brain work a little harder.
- Go to art museums- Take advantage of the amazing resources you have close to you! There are art museums in Mt. Sterling and Morehead. Make a day trip out of it. Discuss with your children the types of art they are seeing and the talented artists behind them.
- Make crafts- Who doesn't like making crafts? It can be as simple as painting a canvas or building a bird house. Let your children's creativity shine!
- Perform plays- Encourage your kiddos to make up a play and perform it to you. They will be so proud of the finished results and they became their own story teller.
- Write!- This may seem like a no-brainer, but its so easy to go months without writing anything. Writing is known to be stress-relieving and therapeutic. It can be as simple as writing in a journal about how your day went or writing what's in your heart. For your kiddos, have them write short stories and it will make it easier to see whats in your kiddos mind!