Have you ever heard a parent complain about having too many hand helping clean the house? Or what about they have too much help folding the laundry. HAHA you never hear parents saying that! It's important to get your kids involved in chores and everyday tasks that happen around the house. We have come up with a list of easy tasks your children can help you do starting at an early age.
Teach your kids valuable life skills
- Folding Laundry- This is a task that not many people enjoy doing. However, children tend to want to do the same things that they see you doing. Folding towels and washcloths can be boring to one person, but so much fun for kids to do. Teach them how to fold laundry and you will have taught them a valuable lifeskill and gotten a laundry helper!
- Washing/Drying dishes- This is something that kids can love to do. The bubbles and water make this task fun for them. It may get a little messy, but it's just water!
- Cooking/baking- Check out a childrens cookbook from the library and let your kids pick what they want to make. They will learn how to cook and bake, made something to eat, and learned a vital skill.
- Pick up after themselves- Picking up after yourself at any age isn't the most fun thing to do. But you can make it a game! Have a bin in every room that your children can put the stuff they pick up so its easier to put away. Have a clean-up song or reward for their hard work!
- Chore Chart and Reward System- Everyone loves rewards for hard work. Make a chore chart that your kids can complete each week for a reward. This will make chores more fun because they get rewarded for what they do!
These are some ways to get your kids involved into the household and teaching them valuable life skills they need. You don't have to worry about your kids going off to college one day and not being able to take care of themselves. The younger you start, the better off they'll be!