Who doesn't like saving money? We all could benefit from saving our pocket change and using it to go towards something we've had our eye on for months or even for a vacation! We have found some simple money-saving tips to help you use that loose change for good!
- Change Jar- You can use a mason jar or any jar you have! To make yourself more apt to use the jar for your loose change, write what you want to spend the money on, on the side of the jar. Each day when you get home put your change into the jar and before long you'll be able to afford the thing you've been saving for!
- Save every five dollar bill you have- This trick may be a little harder than the loose change, but it will add up so much faster! Whenever you get a five dollar bill, put it in an envelope or box to save for later spending!
- Use Coupons- Whether you are shopping for groceries or a new outfit, always look for coupons that could be used to save you some extra dough!
- Put a certain percent out of every paycheck directly into a savings account- Every time you get a paycheck, take a certain percent of your earnings and put it into your savings account. This will ensure you some cushion room in case of an emergency.
- Buy off-brand- This makes some people cringe. However, the name-brand products you buy often have an off-brand version that has the same ingredients! This will save you money on the products that you already use!
- Buy in bulk- Buying your groceries or products in bulk will cost more upfront, but will save you money in the long-run. Get a membership at Costco or Sam's Club and see your savings add up!
- Eat at home- It is so convenient to go to a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee in the morning. But you are spending way more than you have to on something you can make at home. Pack your lunch and make your coffee at home. You will save extra calories and lots of money!
- Shop in the clearance section- When shopping for new clothes, it is so easy to buy what's on the mannequin, but these items are usually not on sale or cost more than you want to spend. Go back to the clearance racks and you might find a diamond in the rough! Searching through the racks in the clearance section may take more time, but it's worth the extra effort!
- The one for one trick- When you are itching for a new pair of shoes or that dress in the store window, sell one item in your closet before buying the new one! This little trick will keep you from running out of room in your closet and will help you earn a little money on your wardrobe.
- Clean out your home and sell what you no longer need online- There are sites like Poshmark and Mercari that you can sell your clothes, appliances and unwanted items on for a profit. All you have to do is sign up for an account, post photos of the items you are wanting to sell and watch the buyers come to you!
We hope these ten ways to save money are helpful to you and make saving money easier!!