It's that time of the year when stores are filled with school supplies and your kids wonder who they will sit by in their new classroom. It's a nervous and exciting time for everyone. While some kids are always so excited to go back, for others it brings nervousness and dread. Don't worry, it's normal to be nervous about a new experience. We have found some simple tips and tricks to get your children pumped to go back to school.
- School Clothes Shopping- Picking out their brand new outfit to make their statement on the first day is crucial to some kids. Take them clothes shopping and let them show their style and expression in their clothing. Wearing new clothes is always exciting!
- Let them pick out their own school supplies- Instead of just going down the school aisle when you're getting groceries, take your kiddos with you and make a special trip dedicated to getting their school supplies. They will be so excited to pick out their new stuff.
- Get them involved in after school activities- This is a big one for most parents and children. School starting back means that sports practices and games are starting back too. Talk to your child and see if they would be interested in joining music lessons or a sport, they might just find their favorite hobby.
- New book bag and lunch box- This may seem like a no-brainer, but something as simple as a new book bag or lunch box to ring in the new school year with style may be the boost your child needs to excited about going back to school.
- Set weekly goals- Setting weekly goals with an incentive program is exciting for both parents and children. Make a chart listing the goals like doing homework right after school, picking out their clothes for the next day, and making their lunch are some easy things that will give your child a sense of accomplishment and help them stay on track.
- Packing their lunch- Something as easy as involving your child on helping pack their school lunch lets them choose what they want to eat!
These are simple ways for you to get your kiddos excited about going back to school! We hope you try out these new things to help keep their nerves down leading up to the first day of school!